Linda Ikeji replies Toke Makinwa

She posted this on her blog: Well, she's entitled to her opinion. I have nothing against that statement... I understand where she's coming from. Some of the posts hurt people, some help people. It's the media, it's the job I chose. Like every other job, it has its advantages and disadvantages. You win some, you lose some. I get it.I accept it Well, she's entitled to her opinion. I have nothing against that statement...I understand where she's coming from. Some of the posts hurt people, some helppeople. It's the media, it's thejob I chose. Like every otherjob, it has its advantages and disadvantages. You win some, you lose some. I get it.I accept it. It's times like this I almost forget who I am...but then I remember where I'm coming from and I smile. Let me tell you guys a story. Please continue... It was early 2000, I was 19 years old, in my second yearat the University of Lagos. I'd been a model for about a year and a half then. Modeling back then didn't pay a lot. Sometimes you eat,sometimes you can't find food. Sometimes you had money, sometimes you will have to beg for it. I'm not from a rich home. I started struggling since I was 17 to support my family. So I kinda hard a tough life growing up but I kept working, doing all sorts of modeling jobs, ushering, fashion shows, and at one point I sold beer at a hotel. I'd leave lectures,go to a hotel and sell beer from 1pm till 10pm. I did this for a few months. It wasn't easy but I had to survive. One of the things I said to myself back then was, the day I sell my body to a man for money, may God strike me dead. I was determined tomake it on my own, never letany man take my dignity. In those days, most young girlshad an aristo...I was never one of those girls. I would rather starve or beg for food than give my body to a man for money. You don't need to spread your legs for men, you don't need these old married men who just take your glory. You're strong, you're beautiful, there's nothing you can't achieve onyour own. God has given yousomething no one else has. Find what it is and build yourself. Don't worry about what other girls around you have. Dignity is far more valuable than a range rover.Make it in life on your own terms and as your own woman, so that you can look back one day and be proud of who you were and who you are. I wish every one well in theirjourney. God bless. Linda Ikeji.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download HarrySong's Tribute to P'square's Mum - Beautiful Oyinye

Shocking Taylor Swift’s Parents Getting Divorced?